TOP 10 ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF 2015
Dec 29, 2015
As 2015 comes to a close, Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation (Fallen Patriots) reminisces on the top ten moments experienced throughout the year. These attributes are what enables us to send military children who’ve lost a parent in the line of duty to college. However, there’s approximately 20,000 more kids that could use our help. Fallen Patriots continues to actively strive to ensure a future education for gold star military children in 2016 and beyond.
10. TK Golf Classic & Memorial Dinner - Fallen Patriots greatly appreciates golf tournaments held in their honor that are not only fun, but also beneficial to their mission. The 3rd Annual TK Golf Classic raised $28,000 for Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation.
9. New Leadership - The year brought in excellent new leadership to a dedicated team. Fallen Patriots new President, Kendra E. Davenport, is a military daughter and spouse, with her entire life profoundly influenced by the military and bounds of experience in the non-profit world. Shortly after Kendra joined the team, Fallen Patriots welcomed a new Chief of Operations, Katelyn N. Brewer. Katelyn’s background in international development and program management allows her to excel with Fallen Patriots.
The newly-formed, New York based, Junior Board hosted its inaugural event at Chelsea Piers. Moving forward from the successful evening, the Junior Board will continue to raise awareness among the next generation of supporters. The New Year will kick off with the Junior Board’s Raise Your Glass Event.
8. Iron Mountain –Iron Mountain renewed their commitment again when they challenged guests at the Greenwich event to match their 50K contribution. Iron Mountain actively seeks to employ veterans, active duty guard members and reservists.
7. #DropandGiveMe10 - The #DropAndGiveMe10 challenge was a nationwide viral campaign that raised awareness about Fallen Patriot’s mission. People were challenged to do push-ups in honor of our fallen patriots and donate a small amount for every push-up they successfully completed. The challenge was completed and shared by thousands including celebrities, businesses and new outlets.
6. PepsiCo’s Rolling Remembrance - Communities across the nation came together to honor, respect and remember during a 3,000 mile logistical relay across the country. Using normal business routes, U.S. Military Veteran PepsiCo drivers passed off the flag to each other at 21 different relay points. As the flag moved from region to region, drivers and PepsiCo representatives showed their support locally by taking photos and cheering on the drivers.
5. Caron United - Together, with loyal partner Caron United, Fallen Patriots created the World’s Biggest Stocking. The record-setting stocking helped raise more than $100,000 for Fallen Patriots. During the year people from across the United States, Canada and even Ireland have donated their time in making 36”x36” squares to create the stocking. Donations were collected from people in every state.
4. Citi e for Education - Fallen Patriots was selected as one of the seven charities for this year’s 2015 Citi e for Education international campaign. The grant was based on volumes traded on Citi’s online trading platforms, Citi Velocity Trading and CitiFX Pulse. Citi donated $1 for every $1 million transacted on these platforms. E for Education supports Fallen Patriots due to the need to create a future for military children who have lost a parent in the line of duty.
3. Johnny Mac Soldiers Fund - The Johnny Mac Soldiers Fund endorsed the impactful work Fallen Patriots does with a $1,450,000 grant to provide additional scholarships for children who have lost a parent on active duty. This grant is one of the largest grants Fallen Patriots has received to date.
2. 7th Annual Greenwich Gala - Fallen Patriot’s 7th Annual Greenwich Gala brought together active duty heroes, military family members and people from all walks of life who were compelled to support Fallen Patriot’s mission. The gala officially raised $2,000,000! Without the humble offerings from partners, the event and continued support for Fallen Patriots wouldn’t be possible.
1. Individuals - Thanks to generous donors, Fallen Patriots had their top fundraising year! A dream is only a dream without the help of countless people and organizations. This year proved Fallen Patriots dream, to ensure a future for gold star children, continues to become a reality.
The success of Fallen Patriots can be told by countless Gold Star students, but the need for financial support continues to grow. Many surviving families struggle to make ends meet with sixty percent of surviving spouses making less than $50,000 per year. Fallen Patriots works to find each and every one of these surviving families with the intent to give them the future they deserve.
“Without Fallen Patriots assistance, I would have been left with thousands of dollars in student loans,” explained Meghan Flanigan, whose father died in a helicopter crash while serving. “I’m currently pre-med at the University of Alabama and I’m beyond grateful to the organization for making my dreams possible.”
It’s Fallen Patriots sincere hope that their mission will continue to be shared with such success in 2016. Every donation helps bridge the gap in the cost of college education for military children. Join Fallen Patriots and be a part of celebrating the New Year with a new tradition of generosity. Donate now by making a contribution on Fallen Patriots website.